Worked as a development assistant for the first annual Ocean Discovery Days in Sidney BC to promote the town and the upcoming opening of the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre.
- Took the lead in projects including a clam chowder competition event held during the Sidney Market which allowed local restaurants to showcase their food and discover who had the best chowder as voted on by professional judges and the public.
- Developed press release surrounding the start of Ocean Discovery Days and helped with development/editing of the opening of the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre press release.
- Worked with local advertising companies to set up a billboard advertising Ocean Discovery Days along Highway 17 between Victoria and Sidney.
- Worked with local newspaper and other local partners to promote Ocean Discovery Days events.
- Took lead on events held during the Sidney Market including a “Clam Chowder Competition” which allowed local restaurants to showcase their food and discover who had the best chowder as voted by professional judges and the public.
- Additionally worked alongside Holy Cow Communication Design to develop logos and branding for communications and event materials.